Washcloth bar for In the shower

I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth bar"?
On 1/5/2011 10:15 PM, ToddP wrote:

If you can put it in a spot where people WON'T use it as a grab bar, one of the suction cup things would work. (IMHO, it ought to be illegal to sell those as safety bars.) Or, if there is a flat spot without air space behind it, just go ahead and install one of those stainless grab bars. You'll need it one of these days anyway.
But having said all that- for just a washcloth, one of those self-stick robe hooks works fine, if you can find one in a color you can tolerate. Or, one of those gizmos that hangs off the shower head- many have washcloth loops on them.
Not a fan of silicone caulk used as glue in a shower stall. Previous owner used it to put up those horrid soap/conditioner/shampoo dispensers in both my plastic shower and my tiled one. Took me hours to razor and scrape the silicone off after I tore them down. Under a bright light you can still see the ghosts of where they were.
--
aem sends...

aemeijers wrote:

Like this:
"http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/HomeMarketPlace/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID throom&SCIDthroom+Accessories&ProductID00123107&SourceCodeP509000002&mr:referralIDc69e31-1a5c-11e0-b21a-001b2166c2c0"
That's just an example, they come in a number of looks. I just have a little suction cup thing that's meant to hold kitchen sponges. Whatever it takes just to keep let the thing dry.
nancy

Thanks, this looks like a possibility. I'll give it a shot.

Have you ever seen glued-on holders, or were they fastened into the tiles or the grout between the tiles and then caulked to look like they were glued on?

That sounds like what I have (in this house, and the house I lived in when I was younger. Both houses built in 1969). It's supposed to be a combination soap dish and grab bar. It's useless as a soap dish, since there's no lip to keep the soap from sliding out. I use it to hold a wash cloth.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On 1/6/2011 9:20 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

And almost always, they are mounted too low to reach while showering, and where the shower stream soaks the soap into a gooey mess. I always end up finding or rigging a high spot out of the shower stream to put the soap. When I hit the lotto and build my dream house, one of the soap dishes will be six feet up in the corner behind the showerhead.
--
aem sends...

ToddP wrote:

Beware: "caulk" is NOT "glue."

SwanStone sure thinks so :-) That is how they say to adhere their product to the cement backer board.

Maybe a shower head caddy would be good enough. Do a Google shopping search to see pictures.
On 1/5/2011 10:15 PM, ToddP wrote:

You may have to cut and paste this link, but these things work GREAT!!! They are also easily removable.
https://www.bindingsource.com/Products/default.asp?CategoryID 80&CategoryName=3M%99+Command%99+Products&gclid=CIqMvpHvpqYCFcXD7Qod6VP0YQ
ToddP wrote:

What's wrong with screws and caulk?
--