Was "venting a TV space" Temperature results.

See part of original post below.

27" TV is in the wall now. Looks great! Everyone loves it. Looks like a flat panel. opens up floor space.

I cut/routed some custom trim and framed it like a window. !" black trim with a sill that sticks out 2" I meant to leave some space around the TV but It ended up with no space on the sides and 1" space above the TV.

I installed a remote thermometer before I put the TV in. The sensor is attached to the highest point in the space, above the TV. Its attached to the bottom of the top step in the stairway space.

Temp readings: With the TV off the remote sensor is about 1.5 degrees hotter than the indoor sensor (in the display)

room TV space off 70.3 71.9

1 hour 70.9 89.6 2 hours 70.9 92.7 6 hours 70.3 92.3

I have not cut ant vent holes in the space yet. I dont think a fan will be needed. I'll see what a small vent to let hot air out will do?

AT WHAT TEMPERATURE DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE CONCERNED????

Thanks

Steve

************************************************************** I cut a hole in a wall to insert a 27"TV. The hole aligns with a stairway on the other side. (about 8 steps.) So the Tv fits into the empty space under the stairs. Its a split level house. One level in front and two levels in the back. 1/2 set of stairs lead down and another 1/2 set of stairs lead up.

Not a huge space but enough to hold the TV. I'm concerned with the heat generated by the TV causing the TV to overheat. I plan on installing a small fan to vent the space.

Reply to
Steve

Look at the maximum operating temperature in the manual???? Those things are usually listed. If you don't have the manual, get your hands on another similar TV. My 0.02 dolla.

Reply to
Bendit