warped siding

8 X 2 horizontal pine boards for siding
at end of one where it butts against another, after five years, has started to pull out about quarter inch...siding attached with siding nails I tried a 3 inch wood screw to pull it back in and hold it ...I initially pulled board in but it immediately popped out again...my concern is that at this particularly place there is no underlying stud for the screw to "bite" into and that when I screw it in it is only going into OSB sheathing which is not holding screw.....any suggestions appreciated
Frank Georgia My correct e-mail address is gn052 (not gn52) Fake adddress given to avoid spams
Hi, How about using butterfly screw for anchoring and fill the hole with wood putty? Tony