WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death.

WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. The following is a list of tools manufactured by DeWALT and Black and Decker that have a serious recall that you might never heard of.

I downloaded this information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Web Site at

RECALL Notice for battery chargers model number DeWALT DW9108 and DeWALT DW9108 and Black And Decker MODEL 97015 and 97016 The charger causes the battery to explode and cause Injury and fire.

RECALL Notice for battery chargers model number DeWALT DW9116 The charger causes electrical shock and can cause Injury and fire.

RECALL Notice for battery chargers model number DeWALT DW9106 And DW9104. The Chargers can cause an electric shock and fire.

RECALL Notice for model number DW9095 battery pack. The battery can fall from the drill and cause Injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Table Saw model number Black and Decker BT2500. Motor housing will crack and cause an electrical shock and injury and death.

RECALL Notice for miter Saw model number Black and Decker 1710 type 1. Can cause an electrical shock and injury and death.

RECALL Notice for miter Saw model number Black and Decker 1703,3090,

3417,3417-04, 7715-1, 7715-04, 7716, 7716-04, 7717, 7718 and sears model 901.23470. The lower guard sticks open and can cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for miter Saw model number Black and Decker 6360 ty1 and

3680 ty1 the Blade will detach and can cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Circular Saw model number DeWALT DW368, DW368K and DW369CSK. The lower guard will jam open and can cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Circular Saw model number DeWALT DW378G. The lower guard will jam open and can cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Circular Saw model number DeWALT DW705 ty1 and DW704. The blade can detach and can cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Cordless Drill/Drivers model number Black and Decker CD1800, PS3700, PS3725 and PS3750. The Drills will Smoke, melt and catch on fire.

RECALL Notice for Cordless Drill/Drivers model number Black and Decker CD632, HP532, FS1442, Q145, FS1560, FS1802, HP932 and Q185. The Drills will Smoke, melt and catch on fire.

RECALL Notice for Electric Screwdrivers model number DeWALT DW251, DW252, DW260K, DW257, DW265, DW267, DW268, DW268G, DW269. DW272, DW274, DW274-220, DW274W, DW275QD, DW276, DW281, DW282 and DW284. The screwdrivers Can cause an electrical shock, injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Electric Screwdrivers model number Black and Decker 2121,

2125 and 2141. The screwdrivers Can cause an electrical shock and injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Electric cordless lawn mowers model number Black and Decker CMM1000 and CMM1000R. The lawn mowers will Smoke, melt and catch on fire. And please note, this lawn mower is also sold by Sears with the model number 900.370520 with the same problem.

RECALL Notice for Electric Hedge Trimmers model number Black and Decker TR135, TR195 and TR255. The Hedge Trimmer will turn on even if the safety switch is locked and will cause injury and death. RECALL Notice for Grass and weed trimmer model number Black and Decker Push Button Command Feed weed/grass trimmer. The fan and cap assembly will Fracture throwing parts that will cause injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Electric Cord Adapters model number Black and Decker 86-

210 packaged with Black and Decker hedge trimmers, Can cause an electrical shock, injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Electric Hedge Trimmers model number Black and Decker 82209, 82210. The Trimmers will cause an electrical shock, injury and death.

RECALL Notice for Black and Decker and General Electric under the Cabinet Coffeemakers made between 1984 and 1988. The Coffeemakers will cause an electrical shock, injury, fire and death.

RECALL Notice for Black and Decker under the Cabinet Toaster s made between 1994 through 1996. The Toasters will cause an electrical shock, injury, fire and death.

And to add insult to injury is this RECALL Notice for Black and Decker Battery Powered Smoke Detectors model Slim Line SMK100, SMK200 and SMK300. The Smoke Detectors will not sound in the event of a fire.

Please Call the Service center directly at 314-997-9100 for replacement or repair.

Reply to
tester

Dewalit is Black and Decker, so what did ya expect

Reply to
m Ransley

What?!?! No injury and death??? Demand a full refund! :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Dont laugh , I had one quit in the hull of an expensive airplane . Hurried up and took it out and threw it on the ramp ( outside driveway ) while it smoked and self destructed on fire . They replaced it for free , but if it would have caught on fire in the airplane , the whole hanger would probably went up in smoke , planes and all :-(

Reply to
Tim Kettring

Now you've piqued my curiosity. What were you doing with it in your airplane at the time?

More like "parking lot" -- taxiways would be analagous to driveways, don't you think?

Good thing you got it out of there. What airport and what are you flying?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Reply to
Scott McAuley

I suffered anxiety and frustration over inability to purchase replacement parts for new saw. Fortunately, the condition quickly passed without medical intervention.

Bob

Reply to
rck

Hmmmmmmmm, how can a falling battery cause death? They dont even weight one pound ???? It can really f*** up the battery, and maybe even give the person a sore toe. But DEATH !!!! (pretty stupid).

Reply to
spamfree

How about if you were on a ladder or scaffold and it feel and hit someone on the head?

Reply to
rocko

Most likely it wouldn't cause more than a nasty bump but the lawyers want warnings on everything, no matter how ridiculous, obvious or overstated they might be, so that when someone does something really stupid they can point to the label and say, "You were warned!" The reason for this is that if there is no label predicting dire consequences for use of a product, the plaintiff's attorney will claim that the company "knew or should have known" that their product could cause serious injury or death and is negligent in failing to warn their dolt of a customer that use of their product could cause such injury. Someday we're likely to see a label on bricks warning us that we could trip over them or cause damage by throwing them through a window. As long as courts and juries are willing to tolerate and grant huge awards for stupidity more and more dire warnings will appear.

From:rocko snipped-for-privacy@spam.you

Reply to
BruceR

I think it was the OP who inserted "injury and death" after every item. Lawyers do not want warnings on everything. People who want to avoid meeting customers' lawyers place warnings on everything. :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

"Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The lawyers for Black and Decker and DeWalt certainly DO want warnings on everything.

Reply to
Jim H

Those people pay lawyers to tell them what they need to do to be protected from lawsuits. They don't figure it out by themselves. Lawyers generate warning labels.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

I'm reminded of the guy that got a large award for loosing the tips of his fingers when he picked up his lawnmower to cut the hedge. He clamed that since there wasn't a warning for him not to do that, he was due compensation.

Reply to
Robert and Kristi Hubbard

I dont know about that B+D and DeWalt stuff...BUT, let an 18Volt Bocsh or Milwaukee battery fall a story and hit someone on the head...I would be willing to bet that someone might have a serious injury, and if the sharp end hits...all bets might be off..

Reply to
sales

You're missing the point. The poster is a troll. He took a bunch of CPSC recalls, some of them over 4 years old, and doctored them up to make it more dramatic. The purpose was not to warn you of injury and death but to spur a lengthy debate. It worked. :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Okay, you're on your handglider. Up over the crowded city. Doing a little drilling. then no! the battery PLUNGES.

2 miles. faster and faster. Thousands of miles a hour. The sonic boom alone is deafening babies as it hits the top of a building, tearing through dozens of people and shattering the foundation causing it to fall over and knock over 14 other buildings including a children's hospital and a school for the gifted.

Seems clear to me. What's your problem? Hate children?

;)

Reply to
Chuck Yerkes

Sadly enough, I have seen plenty of injuries of the years from falling tools.

Reply to
The Real Andy <.

Assuming we are talking about falling batteries and not failing batteries, almost anything falling from a significant height can kill. A friend of mine was walking down the street (we're in Manhattan here) and a drill smashed into the pavement less than 10 feet from him. There was nothing visible in the apartment building above him. If it hit him, he was dead. If it was a one pound battery, he was dead.

Reply to
dgk