Wanting To Paint Exposed Heating Ducts

I have exposed heating duct work in a basement redo and I want to paint the heating ducts and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with brands and/or types. The ducts are also used for cooling.
Thanks, -Luke
Use a latex primer that will bond to the ducts and paint in latex.

Assuming that there is no condensation, painting the ductwork is fine. Insulating it is better.
Clean it, prime it, and panit it with a good quality paint.
That's just what I did. I just cleaned and painted it with latex paint (light brown). Have not had any problems with pealing etc for more than 5 years.

Thanks!
Do you remember what brand you used? And did you use a flat paint?
-Luke

It was Duron, which is a paint company in the DC area. It was a flat light brown (tan). When I finished my basement I put in a drop ceiling but didn't want to hide the ducts since the ceiling would be so low and it's quite obvious if you box them in. Told the wife it was like a lot of modern buildings that they just paint the ducting etc. Easiest way to go. Don't think the paint type is that critical. Just clean ductwork with detergent before painting.

Why in the heck do you want to paint your ducts? This is about the goofiest thing I heard in a long time.
I painted mine with the same paint I used on the wall. Interior latex, semi gloss. This was like 12 years ago. No peeling or other problems. I guess any paint would do.
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:55:51 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

It might sound goofy but I painted mine because I painted all the walls white and some ducts came through the wall. The silver color of them didn't look good and was too noticeable. They look good painted!