Wanted: Someone who has built a "Detached Accessory Building" in Arlington, Virginia

I am considering building a 1 1/2 or 2 story garage as described here (http://buildingarlington.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1-5-v-s-2-story-Garage.pdf ) to -include- living space.
I want to talk to someone who has done this before so I know how much grief Arlington County will give me. Please contact me only if you have done this before.
(net . comcast @ rice . ta) reversed
On 4/11/2014 9:22 PM, irtnog wrote:

So, we can email you at: at.ecir @ tsacmoc . net?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 04/11/2014 09:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Or maybe: )at . ecir @ tsacmoc . ten(
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:22:28 -0700 (PDT), irtnog

I imagine they will tell you the permitting process if you call the building department but if you are in an "owner builder" state it should not be too bad. The main issue might be the need for an engineered plan. I built a 2 story addition in Maryland and the permitting process only took a couple hours (1978). In Florida it was a bit more complicated because of the engineering deal but once I got the permit is wasn't a big deal (2008).