Want to paint an old milkshake maker

Hi, my husband has come across an old metal milkshake maker from a restaurant. It is at least 30 years old and still works! It was in a shed for the past 10 years and has some small spattering of rust spots across the top. It is currently that sickly color of light green everything seemed to be back then! We have used steel wool to clean up the grime and the stainless steel parts look like new. The metal surfaces are clean, but I'd like to paint it cobalt blue and have this on my kitchen counter. I have no clue what, if anything, I should do about the rust before painting it. How to prepare the surface? What sort of paint should I use? Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Thanks, Pam

shed
the
parts
painting
I would remove the finish completely, then sand, steel wool. Then primer 2 coats and then finally using some appliance paint 2 more coats. Finish with 2 coats of clear.