Want to do some minor HVAC duct mods...

I have a pair of heating / cooling ducts I would like to reroute. They are laying on the attic floor between my pulldown steps and the main storage area, and I'd like to make them go up about 5 feet and over to provide a walk through. As it is I have to set stuff on them as I transfer items to and from the storage space (not good - I'm careful not to bend them but it might eventually flatten or tear the insulation).
There are 2 ducts, one is 12x12 and the other is 12x14. The box stores only have flat sheet metal and I don't have a bender or anything. What would be a recommended plan of action? Will the additional 10 feet of travel and additional bend make much difference? Would this be a costly job for a tech to come out and do? Could I rig a useable bender (brake?) using a wooden frame?

Take a look at this stuff: http://www.owenscorning.co.za/glasswool/ductboard.htm

Interesting. Second hit on it returned http://www.bsu.edu/web/IEN/archives/2000/120700.htm
I'm not sure where I'd get that stuff anyway...