Want to buy: lime green toilet (art deco)

If anyone out there has a lime green toilet, will pay good money for it. Please email me at

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
David Rumpel

Check the salvage yards.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Are there any salvage places around you? Worth a shot.

Reply to
dpsours

We have a Kohler Wellworth that is lime green. Check their standard colors. It has to be ordered and this takes a few weeks. Talk to Home Depot.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Damn! Just sold my very last one :)

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Will you give me $1000 for mine?

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Try Habitat for Humanity!

I recently donated a complete lime green toilet including the seat; to 'Restore'. I also noticed there was at least one other in there! Neither had any broken porcelain but might have needed a new valve etc. 'Restore' is an organisation staffed by volunteers that sell donated items to raise funds for 'Habitat for Humanity'. Habitat for Humanity builds houses for deserving families; it is one of Jimmy carter's pet projects btw; he actually attends and swings a hammer with the best of them. This year HAHN will build over 200 such homes, six of them in Newfoundland. Each house is supervised by a professional carpenter/contractor and other professional trades provide voluntary help without pay. Volunteers come from all levels of society The potential owners of the homes provide 'sweat equity' building the homes and/or volunteers (for example someone in a wheelchair) and works in the store. I am not a member of either group, but have donated and bought there; e.g. a compete Weiser lockset, with key for $4. Light fixture, complete in good shape, with bulbs $5. Perfectly good operating window, glass intact, for a shed etc. $10. All better than dumping!

Our 'Restore' can be contacted as follows; Telephone (709) 738-7905

20 Water Street, St. John's Newfoundland, Canada. Open: Tuesday to Saturday from 07.30h to 15.00h Eastern Time. If you call on Tuesday or Thursday ask for a "Brian Molloy" one of the retirees who is a volunteer manager.

If that doesn't work post here and I'll see if I can assist to the benefit of the HFH group.

BTW I would respectfully suggest that we all check around for any local such groups that help others in this sort of practical way. Since discovering them and Brian is an old work buddy of mine; I have been much more inclined to clean stuff out and donate it feeling that it may help a good cause than toss it on the dump or haul it out during community clean ups. Our local Restore has already been a good source to me for a few items that I would never find in a regular hardware or lumber outlet. There must be several hundred doors, desks, computer stands, used appliances, bathroom fixtures, windows etc. For free donations the restore here will prearrange pick up from a householder.

Reply to
Terry

Check Ricco's in New Orleans. They're a pricely salvage place, but they did have a complete lime toilet t here--it struck my eye, though to my way of thinking it was a little bluer than lime. Good luck!

Leslie zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec