Want small security camera for internal security

I trust this posting isn't entirely off-topic. If anybody knows of a better venue, I'd apprecaite the feedback...
I have a remote cabin that has been robbed by persons unknown (but suspected to be meth-heads well known in the area). Law enforcement is stretched thin, so proving the identity of the perps will be impossible.
What I would like to find is a battery powered nanny-cam or similar camera that I can conceal in a smoke detector shell. The trick is that I'd like the cam to simply capture a few minutes (or even snaps) of the viewing area and store images to a flash drive. I can't wire the output to a PC or similar storage device.
In addition, I'd want the camera to be motion activated, or triggered by a simple means that I could set up if a forced entry is made. The intent is to simply get a pictorial record of an illegal entry.
Any ideas where I can find products like this? I haven't been able to find anything that combines motion activated and storing info to a flash drive.
Cheers Gary
on 10/3/2007 3:05 PM G Wood said the following:

Find a store that sells security camera devices and equipment. They can sell you the right stuff. You might check with a private detective agency in your area to see where he/she buys such items.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

try www.supercircuits.com You have alot of options, one is a clock or thermometer with a built in motion detecting internal digital recorder, if you have phone line a web camera that notifies you and records on your computer where you live, you could see them while they are there.
G Wood wrote:

Try FRYS.com #: 4995941
FEATURES
Motion activated covert camera with SD memory Catch suspicious behavior in the act with easy plug & play installation Automatically record images onto SD Memory card (not included) upon motion A new generation time-lapse recorder with motion trigger Can use a rechargeable (recommended) or standard9V battery or mains power
Pete C. wrote:

Also available at Radio Shack with 64meg card http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?summary=summary&techSpecs=techSpecs&currentTab=techSpecs&custRatings=custRatings&features atures&accessoriescessories&productId$79062&support=support&tab=summary
Clark
G Wood wrote:

Small correction by a pedantic fuddy-duddy: A building cannot be "robbed." Only a person can be robbed. Buildings (and cars and caves) are burgled.
Have you considered an alarm system?
Catch 'em in the act. Shoot 'em dead, I always say.

I've seen stand-alone digital cameras made for hunters to use in the woods;they even have IR flashes to work under low light conditions and not alert the prey.I've seen local sporting goods newspaper ads for them. they strap to trees,are battery-powered.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Christopher A. Young
.
.

"G Wood" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
The other option is to get yourself dropped off, and live in an inner room with black out curtains. When the meth heads break through the door, you execute them with gunfire. Thus saving the taxpayer a lot of money on medical bills for thier worthless carcasses.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"G Wood" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
wrote in

AMEN!! and they don't commit any further thefts/crimes. Ever. saves everybody money.
he could also just park down the road,and bicycle the rest of the way to the cabin. Bring the bike inside..... ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik