Walmart is your Friend

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:57:32 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

No, I meant to say exactly what I said.
I meant to write emportant.

No, I meant to say exactly what I said.
On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:20:38 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

You probably did.

Offshoring means buying stuff from outside your economy (eg China) which means there is loss of revenue, jobs and tax.
Outsourcing means buying (say components) from the company down the road. (ie with your national economic system). Which is sensible in the long term.
On 11/29/2012 9:22 AM, harry wrote:

Begin Quote... Outsourcing From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Not to be confused with offshoring.
Outsourcing is the contracting out of a business process, which an organization may have previously performed internally or has a new need for, to an independent organization from which the process is purchased back as a service. Though the practice of purchasing a business functioninstead of providing it internallyis a common feature of any modern economy, the term outsourcing became popular in America near the turn of the 21st century. An outsourcing deal may also involve transfer of the employees and assets involved to the outsourcing business partner.[1]
The definition of outsourcing includes both foreign or domestic contracting,[2] which may include offshoring, described as a company taking a function out of their business and relocating it to another country.[3]
End quote...
I'm not a big fan of wikipedia, but unless you've got credentials in this area we don't know about, I'll take their definition.
So, If offshoring is what YOU mean. Then You should definitely use offshoring to express YOUR opinion.
I do loves me a good pissing contest...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX New subject. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Copying your statement from above > Outsourcing means buying (say components) from the company down the > road. (ie with your national economic system). Which is sensible in > the long term.
I might want to disagree with your opinion on the subject of sensibility. Sensible for whom?
If you're a CEO wishing to increase local efficiency and maximize your performance bonus, outsourcing makes a lot of sense. You rise up by pushing the workers out.
If you're a long-term employee seeking to maintain your standard of living, secure your retirement, have health care and keep your house, you might not consider that sensible.
The easiest way to achieve the cost structure of a Chinese sweat-shop is for someone else to treat your former full-time employees like a Chinese sweat-shop. That's a BIG change for the American worker. Because they won't accept that...yet..., they become unemployed and the real Chinese sweat shop comes to the rescue.
Now, you have the same number of people to support, but fewer of them are contributing to the local economy. And what used to contribute to the local economy now goes to China. How is that sensible in the long term?
Equalizing the world standard of living means WAY DOWN for many of us. It's unavoidable. And it's gonna get ugly.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:11:44 -0800 (PST), harry

Even if you outsource right here in the USA? He is only correct part of the time.
mike wrote:

I apologize. It's been my lot in life to educate the ignorant, steer the unenlightened toward reality, and, with a gentle prod, guide the benighted toward a more civilized mien.
I was merely offering a modest correction to your improper use of a word and, as a charitable gesture, suggesting the proper one. As one great worthy said: "Ignorance can be fixed; it's believing somthing that is not true that's impossible."
I was just trying to fix your ignorance.
You, yourself, admit to some confusion when you said the use of the word in question expresses your opinion. You see, the definition of "opinion" is: "A sincerely held belief not based on facts."

Your gift of witty sarcasm is exceeded only by your religious bigotry.
Goodbye.
Steve