Walmart is your Friend

Page 1 of 2
I keep seeing posts on this newsgroup cutting down Walmart. To those posting these messages, KNOCK IT OFF!
Walmart is your friend.
If it was not for Walmart importing all their wonderful products from China, we'd all have jobs, and that means we would have to suffer working each and everyday. I know you'd rather not have to go to work, so you can watch that imported tv you got at Walmart and talk on that imported Walmart cellphone between the tv commercials, unless you're in the kitchen making a snack on your imported Walmart appliances, or you're working in your workshop using your imported Walmart tools.
Walmart is your friend.
They get the Chinese to do all the work that you'd have to do if it was not for imports. So quit bad mouthing your friendly Walmart. Besides that, if you want a job and dont want to work, just get a job as a greeter at Walmart. Guaranteed minimum wage, and a weekly drug check to make sure you're not accidentally taking someone else's prescriptions. What more can you ask of life! Get paid for saying "hello" to people, and get a free urine check to make sure you're healthy. It's a Win-Win situation.
Walmart loves you. It even says so in the Bible, if you re-translate the Hebrew version.
Remember: Walmart is your friend.
Add pictures here
✖
I wonder what happens, if you retranslate the Book of Mormon, and change Nephite, to Walmartian?
That sure is interesting question.
[...]
On Nov 27, 1:49 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Is there an Egyptian word for Walmart? Hey, we'll never know as the original was"lost"
Add pictures here
✖

Is there an Egyptian word for Walmart? Hey, we'll never know as the original was"lost"
***
Or resting in the archives with all the other books that were proven false. As in Mormon Doctrine, p. 860 where Brigham Young states that you need Joseph Smith's personal approval to enter heaven. There have to be thousands of Winston Smiths* working in the church to keep up with all the changes.
1984 - George Orwell
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/27/2012 1:27 AM, snipped-for-privacy@Walmart.com wrote:

Walmart is not the problem. Walmart exists because... Cheap-Ass consumers want the absolutely lowest cost items... and we want them NOW! Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips. High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands. US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase if they outsource.
As world standard of living normalizes, it happens somewhere in the middle. For most of US, that's DOWN...WAY DOWN.
Think how unhappy you'd be if you had to pay what it would cost to manufacture that big screen TV with US wages and US taxes and US environmental restrictions. And it still wouldn't mater, cuz Apple would still build products with outsourced labor and materials.
Walmart is indeed your friend. Your enemy can be found in your mirror.
Add pictures here
✖

Well put.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks, you save me a lot of typing because I would have said the same exact thing.
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/27/2012 02:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

OTOH, I can buy Chinese hand lotion for $1/pint. How much do the 'American' brands cost for the same thing?
I buy American toothpaste for a buck at the 99-Cents-Only store (mostly Chinese stuff) instead of $2.50 for the same thing at Rite-Aid. We won't even mention the upscale brands -- $10+ for the same thing.
I resent being gouged. I also like WalMart.
If I buy American products at WalMart, am I more or less evil than if I were buying Chinese products at WalMart?
--
Cheers, Bev
✖

As I see it, Twinkies should be available soon for around 18 cents per 24 pack.
At Walmart, of course.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
mike wrote: Minor correction:

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee recruitment, and so on.
I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.
I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else. My word expresses my opinion just fine.
Add pictures here
✖

In this case, heybub is correct.
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/29/2012 12:11 AM, harry wrote:

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the problem, then that's fine.
You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in the expression of MY opinion.
Why do you think corporations outsource? It's because it's cheaper than paying the overhead for permanent employees. Off-shoring is not an available option for service jobs that require someone to be physically present. Ask anybody who lost their full-time job with benefits to a domestic temporary subcontractor if off-shoring describes their situation.
Off-shoring is one component of the outsourcing problem, but not the only one.
Agree, disagree, I don't care. But put away your word-police whistle and quit messing with MY opinion.
DontchaJustLoveTheInternet!
Add pictures here
✖

But we are allowed to discount your opinion since the wrong use of the words indicates a lack of understanding of the situation. We are also allowed to voice our opinion of the correctness of your words..or are you advocating that you are the only who has such rights?

✖
On 11/29/2012 3:37 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

You're allowed to have and voice an opinion using any words you choose. Saying, "your word is WRONG and mine is RIGHT" is arrogant. Especially when that illustrates a lack of comprehension regarding the opinion presented.
My word expressed EXACTLY my opinion. If you believe that the more restrictive "replacement word" is appropriate for YOUR opinion, by all means, use that one. I'm stickin' with my word choice to express my opinion.
I guess if I'm gonna keep up with this pissing contest, I'd better go make another pot of coffee.
Add pictures here
✖

No, it is grammar and usage. Otherwise we go sorta Orwellian where everyone gets to decide their own meaning of words. And *THAT* reeks of arrogance.

You do have every right to be wrong, and this case, wrong loudly. However the volume that you express the wrongness doesn't make it any less wrong.

You mean to say carafe of coffee (grin).
✖
Being Mormon, I think he meant he was going to make another cup of hot chocolate. Mormons don't drink coffee or tea.
Isn't multi culturalism divine? Or, maybe think I meant to write.....

You mean to say carafe of coffee (grin).
✖

He's American. They can't even spell,why expect comprehension?
Add pictures here
✖

Nonsense. Words mean things.
Add pictures here
✖
I think Mike meant to write "I yam, as I yam" which is a Popeye quote.
And, KRW meant to say that choosing the correct word is emportant.

Nonsense. Words mean things.
Add pictures here
✖