Walls with no baseboards how is this done?

I saw in some magazines the drywall goes all the way to the floor and there is no baseboard. Seems like a very clean look.
Curious how is this done? How is the bottom of the drywall finished? is it the side with paper? Is there a seal between the wall and floor in this case? If the floor is at all a little uneven that will be fully exposed? From the picture I cannot get a close look.
Any information on this will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sum
I've never seen this - but I'd like to (although either mopping or vacuuming the floor would have to be done carefully I would think.)
The only way I can imagine it working is to take a piece of corner bead - trim the back edge to the thickness of the drywall and finish it accordingly. Let us know where we can get a look at the job.
Jim

Sum wrote:

There will be something on top of the floor - carpet, tile, whatever - that will cover any irregularities at the bottom of the drywall.
It won't be a clean look for long if it is painted. If it is papered - preferably with a heavy, cloth backed vinyl - it will last OK. Had a suite of offices done that way, was still good after 16 years and daily janitorial service.
-- dadiOH ________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico / _________________________________
I've been involved in two projects with this method, both had hardwood flooring and were remodels. The wood needs expansion space so on one the drywall was installed 3/4" above the subfloor and the wood was slid under with room to move (not a lot of movement in my climate, could be a problem in some areas). Another had plaster walls and they just came back after the floor was finished and filled in along the floor and painted.
M Hamlin

One of those "looks" that look good (to some) in a magazine, but are about as practical as a straw house.
-Tim

| |> Maybe a real thick carpet pad? |> |> I think this arrangement would get dinged up real bad unless you never |> vacuum. | |One of those "looks" that look good (to some) in a magazine, but are about |as practical as a straw house.
Hey now, I was thinking of building a straw-bale home!

I took a tour of one of those under construction. Kinda neat, but not for me!! Talk about a large rat nest!!
Tom J

Maybe drywall all the way down to the subfloor and then put down the finish floor? Wouldn't work with hardwood or Pergo type (expansion) unless you caulked the gap, but would with carpet or thick ceramic.

install an "f-channel" upside down onto the walls. place bottom of sheetrock into channel. install flooring into other channel slot. this allows for expansion. an "f-channel" made out of wood works best, and it is paintable and stainable.
That IS how it is done even in the magazine.
M.C. somewhere in Ca.