wallpaper glue

We steamed off some walllpaper, and most came off just fine. However, the hallway paper was attached right to the sheetrock and it appears to be a vinyl glue. The one wall that it was pasted to was painted and I'm able to slowly sand that off. But....neight GIF or TSP or sanding or.....nothing seems to work on the sheetrock walls. Aside from papering over them...any suggestions?
I encountered the same problem. Try DIF...I got the one that had to be diluted with water and sprayed (soaked) my wall. Was able to scrap it of without too much damage. You'll have to SOAK the paper but it should work.
Lynn

the
them...any
Agreed, but I used a sponge and did a 3 sqft area at a time. Scraped one area and then had another to work on.