Wall-wart type power plug extenders

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?
TIA

Places like MCM have those short cords. I got a bunch of surge protectors years ago that look like a big plug and extend the receptacle out about 2". I doubt they do much actual surge protection but they do let you plug in a lot of wall warts on a strip (every other one is extended) Cube taps also work for this and give you plugs on both sides. The real answer would be a heftier power supply with multiple cords coming out. They are usually 5v or 12v these days.
On Fri, 04 Sep 2015 14:48:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:8dqjua5bset4df69nsr19sijdpuriae5kd@ 4ax.com:

I didn't know they existed. Found them at Walmart when I went there last Saturday - $10. They had some other interesting multi-socket devices.

take your pick:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extension-Power-Cord-Offset-2-Outlets-6-Inch-120v-rack-strip-1500-watt-rating-/271876277425?hash=item3f4d16c4b1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6-Inch-Power-Extension-Cable-5-Pack-Outlet-Saver-18-AWG-/111517976895?hash=item19f6fd493f
http://www.winford.com/products/pwrext.php
In alt.home.repair, on 4 Sep 2015 18:04:19 GMT, KenK

FWIW, some vendors don't charge large amounts for shipping. I wish I kept better track of which ones don't. Some charge $5, some even 1 or 2 for small things.
--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus
On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 6:56:53 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

Pretty pointless post without those facts?

or free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etekcity-10-Pack-1-Foot-Upgraded-Power-Extension-Cable-Cord-Strip-Outlet-Saver-/311068485026?hash=item486d2065a2
On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 2:04:25 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

many years ago i took some cheap 2 prong extension cords, cut most of the p ower plug end off making the cord about a foot and added one of those power plugs you put the wire in pressing the plug together which pierces the wir e connecting the plug, it only takes a minute or two to assemble.
plus i bought 8 foot cords and used the leftover plug and wire to rewire so me lights.
no waste, very low cost too my eife was impressed at how it cut down on the wire mess
On 9/4/2015 2:04 PM, KenK wrote:

wart to that it is over the adjacent one.
On 09/04/2015 01:04 PM, KenK wrote:

I have a few of these "wall-wart removers", 8-inch single-outlet extension cords. Sometimes a 6-foot cord costs less, and you can put THREE of the things on it.
--
111 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 for 1
day).

Search Amazon for "power strip liberator". I have several like these
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
though I'm pretty sure I paid a lot less. They turn one outlet into two with only a single dangling cord, and I almost always have a mix of things to plug in, so they do the "liberating" with less mess.
Edward