Wall speaker jacks

Hi,
This might be more appropriate for an audio forum, but I can't find one!
I'm looking to install speakers in my house connected to a single receiver, with wires running through the walls. And I want to be able to turn speakers on and off. So I'm looking for something like this:
(Amazon.com product link shortened) />/
but with an on/off switch. Is anyone aware of a product like that?
Thanks!
Aaron
Aaron Fude wrote:

One of the best sources for information and products I've seen is Smarthome.
http://www.smarthome.com/_/index.aspx
TDD
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi, It is not a good idea to turn on/off at the speaker end with a switch. In that case you use a Pad like volume control maintaining proper Z load on the speaker circuit. Or you control speakers at the amp. end possibly with a remote. Some amps. have multi-zone A/V capability.
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:56:57 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

No, and for good reason. You can mess up an amp when the speaker power has no load. Most amps will have On/Off controls, many are equipped with separate speaker systems. For example, my Yamaha amp can play the radio in my theater room or kitchen or both.
You need something like one of these: http://www.a1components.com/subcategory.aspx?pid &7 , but not that the selector is at a central location, not at the wall jack.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Phisherman" < snipped-for-privacy@noone.com> wrote in message

Thanks! Can you recommend a receiver with many zones. Yours sounds like it has just two... I would like five or six.

I've safely run\\controlled mutiple speakers using Niles products.
http://www.nilesaudio.com/product_selection.php?catcdID=7

I second the Niles recommendation - very nice stuff. I'm running four pairs through this: http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/products/niles/ssvc-4.html
They also make a six pair selector: http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/products/niles/ssvc-6.html