wall recepticle

The top portion of my wall recepticles in the living room are not working. The bottoms work fine. These recepticles are all on the same breaker (fuse in my case). Thanks for the help. Patt.

Is it possible they are switch controlled?
"receptacles" that "s" is the magic letter. You have more than one that only one half is working. The only way that happens is when they were wired for a switch. Look around, I'll bet there is a switch that will turn them all on and off.
Of course there is always that one unexpected situation where "The only way" is not really the only way, but look for that switch. It is possible the switch is gone (people do some funny things) or the outlets were reused by someone who knows nothing and did not notice they came from a use where they were switched, or (rather unlikely) they are one two different circuits and the other circuit is out for some reason.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Good eye Joseph - I missed the plural.
Jim
By any chance is there a wall switch that you don't know what it does?
Sometimes they had one of the outlets for wall switch controlled lamps.

(fuse