Wall Paneling in Stairwell

I decided to install wall paneling in my stairwell to the basement. Is there a trick to making 4 x 8 foot panels work here. The problem is that when you cut the panel at the angle required to butt up to the ceiling, you need more than 8 foot to the floor. Should I cut thee pieces to follow the railing with moulding. I was trying to avoid horizontal or diagonal moulding.
Rich Anton wrote:

Well, you just ruled out the two most common solutions, which are, run molding either along at floor level or mount the railing to a separator board. Your remaining choices are, buy really expensive 10' paneling, slice the paneling lengthwise into (probably three) strips narrow enough to fit, live with exposed butt-seams, or do something other than panelling in the stairwell.
--Goedjn

here is an idea, put the 4x8 on their sides, and just panel the bottom half, top it with chair rail and paint the top portion of wall?
Rich Anton wrote:

Yep. Moulding.

That would likely waste a whole lot of paneling.

For stairs to your *basement*? Here's a cyberquarter, call when you have something *important* to worry about.
--
If u want the races for free,
On 6 Apr 2004 06:11:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich Anton) wrote:

I cut the panelling so there was a horizontal seam about in line with the top step, then covered the seam with a length of chair rail. Looks fine.