Wall oven junction box location.

Page 4 of 4
On Monday, April 1, 2013 9:47:22 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

e old oven has been there for at least 12 years.

ld oven did not have these. That is no problem. I wonder though if metal st uds would be better to use as runners becasue they are non combustable?

located on the surface of the drywall directly on the back wall off the ope ning and toward the bottom. The directions say, "locate an approved junctio n box, in the suggested location, a minimum of 23 7/8 above the runners".

h heat from the oven or something else?

to do it?

ocations for the box. One is up high 23 7/7 above the runners. However, one picture with no inch markings on it shows a junction box level or below th e runners? (It kind of contradicts the obove statement of locating this box "above" the runners.

the switches back the way they were and to add another outlet properly, by teeing off an existing outlet in the bathroom.
If I decide to put this in the cabinet drawer below with the pot and pan dr awers, is this a problem? (Becasue pots and pans can slam into it)?
On Apr 4, 8:24 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The old oven has been there for at least 12 years.

old oven did not have these. That is no problem. I wonder though if metal studs would be better to use as runners becasue they are non combustable?

s located on the surface of the drywall directly on the back wall off the o pening and toward the bottom. The directions say, "locate an approved junct ion box, in the suggested location, a minimum of 23 7/8 above the runners".

ith heat from the oven or something else?

y to do it?

locations for the box. One is up high 23 7/7 above the runners. However, o ne picture with no inch markings on it shows a junction box level or below the runners? (It kind of contradicts the obove statement of locating this b ox "above" the runners.

t the switches back the way they were and to add another outlet properly, b y teeing off an existing outlet in the bathroom.

drawers, is this a problem? (Becasue pots and pans can slam into it)?- Hide quoted text -

If it's a drawer, how can pots and pans slam into the junction box? Drawers around these parts have 4 sides, I can see a problem with the drawer being so long that there isn't room behind it for the box, which is what I would think would be the problem.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The wall oven that I have (that came with the house) has the metal junction box mounted on the back wall of the cabinet below the oven where pots and pans are stored. The pots and pans can bump into the junction box and the metal-clad cable from the oven to the box. Seems like no issue to me.
[...]

These "drawers" are slide out slabs. They do have 4 sides, but they are onl y 2 inches or so tall. (pots and pans if not stacked correctly can stick ou t past the back side if that makes sense.
On Apr 4, 12:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

[...]

nly 2 inches or so tall. (pots and pans if not stacked correctly can stick out past the back side if that makes sense.- Hide quoted text -

With a steel box I don't see it being an issue, as long as the drawer or something isn't slamming into the cable, eg romex going into it.