wall framing?

Hi,
Something I've been confused about. I think this should be a simple answer, but I've not found it yet.
This is the way I understand construction. Not my field, so I'm sure I'm wrong.
In stick built construction for the walls you have floor joists, subfloor, bottom plate (one thickness), wall studs (92 5/8"?), and double top plates. The three layer of plates is 4.5". The subfloor could be 3/4" thick. That's 100 7/8". A sheet of T1-11 is 96" and shorter than the 100". Seems like it would be good for the external sheet to extend over the subfloor and over the outside of the floor joists.
What am I not getting here?
TIA
Mike