Wall-Destroying Clock!!

Greetings:
Last year we repainted all the walls in our house with satin paint, white as before.
Formerly there were about a dozen antique wood clocks hanging all around the house. After the walls were spackled, sanded, and painted, the reddish-brown outline from this one clock keeps coming back!
Today we sanded down that location to bare 1930 plaster, then applied BIN primer, which 2 local hardware stores and a Home Depot all proclaimed the BEST primer for such situations.
Guess what? The outline stain of the clock is back as if we never sanded or primed it!
What would you recommend short of replacing the plaster there?
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
On 12/23/2012 11:52 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

house. After the walls were spackled, sanded, and painted, the reddish-brown outline from this one clock keeps coming back!

primer, which 2 local hardware stores and a Home Depot all proclaimed the BEST primer for such situations.

Have you thought of bringing in a priest for an exorcism? ^_^
TDD
That's pretty much what I was going to write. Beware of blue eyed blonde boys about knee high, carrying sharp knives, while the priest is there.
Have you thought of bringing in a priest for an exorcism? ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:52:51 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hang a painting, or a photo of your grandmother.
On 12/23/12 3:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/bqwxkes would be better.
Seriously though, what kind of wood could stain a wall so deeply that even the best primers could not hide it?

Almost any wood can, especially oily woods like cedar and redwood. That said, a wood stain on any kind of wood might possibly leech onto the wall (especially oil stain:o)....latex paint, in my experience, takes on stains more than alkyd paint.
After refinishing the wood, was the clock rehung before the stain reappeared. There are plenty of stain-blocking primers, so you can't choose just a brand name; gotta pick one with stain-blocking properties, per the label. Also must allow sufficient curing/drying, per the label.
NorMinn:
I don't know of the baby clock's history(that's what it is termed). 8-day, dark wood, time only. It was the only clock of many(school houses, banjos, cuckoos) that hung from these walls, that left such a bastard of a stain!

Hang a painting of a clock!!!! Or a photo of the Pope!
Otherwise, I'd demolish the house and build a new one....
Of course you could just hang the same clock back there!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try plain shellac, then prime.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There are different types of BIN primers and/or stain killers. Do you recall which type you used?
I would suggest doing one of the following:
1) use the BIN stain killer that says it is shellac-based;
2) use shellac as a stain killer as someone else here suggested; or,
3) use either spray enamel paint or oil-based enamel paint to paint over the area as a stain killer.
Then, repaint with your white wall paint.
Good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Put the clock back?