Wall Crack in Stucco

Hi,
All around the outside of the house, there is a crack where the bottom plate meets the slab.
http://www.capitationservices.com/crack_small.jpg
My grandparents had the house texture coated years ago. But, the cracks have re-appeared. Also, in quite a few places, the texture coat is coming off at the bottom of the wall, where it meets the ground.
Any ideas on how I can deal with these problems?
Eric
| Hi, | | | | All around the outside of the house, there is a crack where the bottom plate | meets the slab. | | | |
http://www.capitationservices.com/crack_small.jpg
| | | | My grandparents had the house texture coated years ago. But, the cracks have | re-appeared. Also, in quite a few places, the texture coat is coming off at | the bottom of the wall, where it meets the ground. | | | | Any ideas on how I can deal with these problems? | | | | Eric | |
looks like the box joist and bottom wall plate shifted where they meet.
I would slice out a section across the entire wall and install a steel plate (3 in.x length) fasten to box joist and bottom wall plate then install a strip of wire lathe wider than the steel plate and re-stucco to match.
or instead of steel you could use marine plywood (1 ft. wide x length), then wire lathe, then install stucco.
otherwise it will always keep cracking
E. Hill wrote:

Does the stucco go below grade?