Wall Covering For A Shower Stall ?

Hello:

Have a feeling that I know the answer to this already, but let me ask anyway.

Have an upper part of a shower stall that's just painted; no tile.

Peeling a bit, and thought I'd add / glue on plastic sheet to it.

Like everything else, I guess, once you really look into it, it becomes a bigger job than initially thought.

The ceiling is curved, as is one of the walls.

The thinnest plastic sheet I could find in the shower Dept at HD is still fairly thick, and I am worried about cutting it true to the curve, and whether it will tend to come off due to the stress on the plastic because of the curve.

Was wondering:

Is there any type of truly waterproof "very-thin", almost like a paper thickness, vinyl sheet that is available and would do the job ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Is more tile not an option?

This could be a really stupid suggestion, but what about something like peel and stick vinyl floor tiles? I was recently at a floor covering showroom and was looking at some products from

and
for use in my basement stairway.

I was faced with your exact problem a few years ago in my downstairs bath. There was tile going up to about four feet around a tub. We wanted to make the tub into a full tub/shower, so I used liquid nails to adhere "waterproof" wallboard extending up another few feet. I had problems like you're describing with the walls not being totally square, etc. It looks okay from a few feet away, but overall I did a pretty shoddy job of it. Mostly I blame it on the wallboard being crappy material to work with.

-- Jay L.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
jay.luker

You could always use wallpaper, but what is the cause of the paint peeling? Do you have a vent fan? If not, that would fix the peeling problem and you don't have to cover that wall at all.

Reply to
Mikepier