Wall AC breaker?

Hello All!
Bought this house a couple months ago. One of the rooms has a wall AC with it's own, dedicated outlet at 230 volts. The AC label says to use a time delay 15 amp fuse or circuit breaker. The circuit has a 20 amp circuit breaker. The outlet appears to have #12 wire. To me, it seems it should have a 15 amp breaker. But it's not uncommon for standard outlets to have appliance that consume far less than what the wiring and breaker is rated for.
So should I keep the 20 amp breaker, or go with the 15 amp? --Mike

If the AC label says to use a 15 amp circuit breaker or 15 amp TD fuse, that's what you must use, one or the other,_nothing_ higher.
Mike Fritz wrote:

As it is, the air conditioner will fry, thereby protecting the circuit breaker. Wouldn't you prefer it the other way around? Change it to a 15 amp breaker.
Use the existing 20 amp breaker to run a new circuit out in the garage if you have enough room in your breaker box.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

Change it out for the correct breaker.