Walkway slope

Sounds like about the right amount of pitch away from the house. I put in a brick path recently, and it slants away from the house slightly more than that - probably 1 inch in 3 feet.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Hello,

I'm regrading my 6' wide sideyard to slope away from the house 2% (1" per 4'). I'm going to put in a 2' wide brick walkway along the length of the the side yard. Should I maintain the 2% slope across the width of the walkway (one side 1/2" below the other), or will that feel "crooked"? I have some slope along the length of the walk as well, so even if I reduce the side-to-side slope to 1%, the total slope will be over 2%.

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Considering that most people have one leg that is longer than the other, it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately some people will only be able to walk up the walk, while others will only be able to walk down it. ;)

Since you already have the slope in one direction, you could cut the slope in the other direction, across the walk, down to half. 1/8" per foot would be fine.

RicodJour

I have some slope along the length of the walk as well, so

You had better like the people coming since they won't be leaving and visa-versa, based on this fact!

Reply to
C & M