Walkway Material???

While walking in a neighborhood (on vacation, away from home) I noticed a homeowner had coated his concrete walkway from the sidewalk to his porch, including his porch with a pea pebble type coating. I've seen pebble coating on trash containers at the park, etc., but have no idea about how to apply it over a walkway that I have. I went to the big-box stores and asked but no help there. Any takers on this one?

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
kdegrasse

I could be wrong, but I think that what you were seeing was an exposed aggregate finish on concrete. It is not a coating, but a particular aggregate in the mix, finished in a particular way. It is fairly simple to do, but I have never seen it done as a coating. It is always done during the pour itself.

Reply to
Robert Allison

There are contractors who specialize in this surface. I forget what it is called but it used to be very popular, I think it is something like pebbles in an epoxy fluid that are applied either as a slurry or pebble scattering followed by a shiny epoxy coating, all applied to the existing drive or walk. I've heard that many of these contractors are suspect, re quality, and have seen some nasty freeze damage to the surfaces, not long into the life of the stuff. I would avoid it, unless you get lots of references, and look at older installations.

Reply to
Roger

Google for epoxy rock. In Florida, it is often called "chatahoochee".

To apply it, you mix the pebbles with epoxy and pour it on, level it out. Could trowel, I guess, but a thin coat won't last all that long...pebbles get dislodged. It is quite porous too whether thick or thin.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH