Walfart dont sell weatherstripping in summer

Page 1 of 2
Walfart dont sell weatherstripping in summer. Is their staff so retarded that they dont know that weatherstripping is not just to keep heat indoors but also to keep air conditioned air inside?
In my case I just changed a shed door and because of poor design it rattles. I just wanted it put some of that self adhesive foam stripping to make it fit better. I was shocked when the clerk at Walfart told me they dont sell weatherstripping in summer. This is a "Super Walfart", you know, one of those stores that are so damn huge that it takes a half hour to go all the way around the store. They carry at least 20 brands of chicken noodle soup, yet they cant keep a few rolls of weatherstripping on hand?????? This is the same store that dont sell garden hoses in winter, at their stores located in farming communities. Ummmmm, like how the hell does a farmer get the water from the faucet to the cattle tank? Heaven forbid what would happen if they didn't fill their entire store with christmas junk.....

Well, WHY would you go to Walmart for home repair items or farming equipment?
Walmart would die off if people would go to the real stores that specialize in their field rather than the HUGE junk store known as WalMart.

That's an interesting question. Would Lowe's or Home Depot be carrying weatherstripping in the summer? Space at most stores (even huge ones) is at a premium and a product that's not likely to be needed in the summer isn't likely to be carried.
on 7/26/2007 5:09 AM WM Assoc said the following:

They do in the stores around here.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yes.
--
Regards,

What you just wrote will be available via a google search for a very long time, and your family & friends will be able to see it. Too bad you didn't think before you wrote it.
Do you think nobody installs doors & windows in the summer, which often includes adding weatherstripping?

Well ...
Usually "weatherstripping" is for older doors and windows which either didn't have effective sealing in the first place or the stuff has failed.
Even in hardward stores, the selection of such stuff in summer is not as good as it is close to the start of "heating season."

WM Assoc wrote:

My local Home Depot does NOT carry Kerosene during the summer (but has lots in the winter).
As for WalMart not carrying weatherstripping in the winter (to make room for Christmas items), well, they don't carry Santas in the summer either.

Nobody installs doors or windows in the summer. I didn't know this. Thanks for teaching us about this.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Apparently not. ;-) The HD here seems only to have weatherstripping stuff left over from last year. I was looking for door bottoms - no luck.
--
Keith

Big-box stores in Canada sell weatherstripping 12 months of the year. Many homeowners prefer to instal new weatherstripping in warm summer weather rather than cold weather.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

I was thinking the same thing. Here, in upstate NY, I always do all the winter-proofing in the summer, long before I need to turn on the heat.

It's Canada. They sell Parkas year round :)
well we do live in igloo's gotta keep warm some how, you guys should really come up to here and see our igloo shaped Wal-Mart.

We eat your ice cream down here. Thank you.
gotta keep warm some how, you guys should really

Absolutely, it's not just a winter item. But a sweatshop giant like walmart is only after the quick money anyway.

A Teamster wrote:

Walmart has provided, through savings, more relief to low-income families than all the social programs (WIC, food stamps, social security, unemployment compensation, etc.) combined. Or so says Walmart.
Interestingly, there are no Walmarts in large, union-dominated, cities (New York, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, Seattle, San Francisco, and others). Wonder why that is?
We have fourteenWalmarts here in Houston, seven in Austin, nine in Dallas, and fourteen in San Antonio!
Of course Texas is a Right-To-Scab state...

And here I thought that they had "created" more low income families "needing" social programs. It was my understanding that their management is trained to direct their associates towards the social programs when they ask for a raise.
Tom G.
(clipped)

Well, normally I wouldn't, but the nearest building center is about 50 miles away. I live in a rural area. With the price of gas, I have to choose between the local hardware store that charges 3 or more times the price of Home Depot or Menards, or go to Walfart. Since it was around midnight I had little choice and I was going to Walfart anyhow for some groceries and normal home stuff. I never even gave it a thought that they would not have the weatherstripping. The last time I looked they had a fairly good stock of it, but that was in late winter. The weatherstripping section used up about 5 feet of shelf space in the hardware dept. I dont think that is too much space to ask for, when they now have about 300 feet of shelf space filled with back to school supplies. Do they really need that much space for notebooks and pencils? The Walfart hardware dept. is pretty poor as it is, at least they could keep some stock on hand of all the usual stuff they sell. I bet they have some in the back anyhow, and I know for fact that they had hoses in back when I needed one a few winters ago. The reason I know, is because the guy in the christmas dept. (formerly garden center), said they have all kinds of garden supplies in back but they cant sell them unless they are on the shelf. Walfart is not there to satisfy customers, they are just there to collect our money. Hell, if I ran a store of any type, and a customer came in asking for a hose, and there were some in back, I'd go out of my way to both satisfy the customer and make a sale. Not only did they piss this customer off (me), but they lost the profit they could have made on spending a few minutes getting a hose or weatherstrip from the back room.
snipped-for-privacy@no-walmart.com wrote:

So move to a big city area. I can buy anything I want within a 10 mile radius. You get used to the traffic ;) Frank