Wal-Mart and GE are in bed together?

Page 3 of 3
John Doe wrote:

So what else is new? And my bet is they are all made in you-know-where.

Surprisingly, for the Hoover Agility F6205-900: Assembled Country of Origin: USA Components Country of Origin: USA
Thanks to all the replies.
Wal-Mart and GE are in bed together?
Two megabig corporations, getting together to screw the consumer out of his money? Say it isn't so! -Jitney

Sometimes each major store chain will have their own part number. Maybe there will be a small differance in the looks of the units. This is so that the stores that match prices and maybe give a 10% differance will not have to do that. They can point out that their modle is not exectally the same as the one you are trying to match.

etc with tools...and lawn equiptment... I really do not thing it is to avoid matching competators prices however...I think it is done to lower the price the Big Chains pay for an item so that they "retail" a branded item cheaper then the regular dealers for that Brand...
Bob G.

Yep.
Probably the 'W' in the model number stands for, uh, maybe.....
;-]

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:10:34 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"

"White?"
Nothing new there. Aside from avoiding price matching with competitors, sometimes the Walmart models are deficient. For example, they sold an RCA TV with model number nearly identical to one that was available in real stores, but didn't have the same auxilliary inputs. You usually get what you pay for.
John Doe wrote:

price.

It's not unusual for a manufacturer to make special models for a retailer. Sometimes those special models are "house brands"; sometimes a company like GE uses its own brand. Wal-Mart certainly has enough clout with suppliers like GE to get just about any model designation, special packaging or labeling that it might want.
TKM