wal edger`s

I want to replace the white plastic (vinyl?) white strips on the wall corners. The one`s that protect the wall edges from being scuffed dinged etc. When I take the old one`s off how much of the old glue do I remove? Do the new ones get put on with silicone, and if so how do you prevent the silicon squeezing out all over the wall. Are they replaced after the wall is freshly re-painted? Patt

Reply to
Patt

remove as much glue as it takes to get the new piece to sit right. reattach it with whatever is recommended by the manufacturer of the vinyl edging. as a guess, probably something like a liquid nails type product that remains somewhat flexible after drying.

Reply to
xrongor