Wainscot in the closet?

I'm installing wainscot in a couple bedrooms. These bedrooms have closets. One bedroom has a sliding door type or closet, the other is a semi walk-in. I was thinking of installing the wainscot in the closet also. My thoughts are, the closet doors are usually open and thus IMO it would look better. However, is it common do have this in the closets also?
On 30 Mar 2007 13:33:04 -0700, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You have my permission.
CWM

No, not common. But, if you would like it then why not?
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Not common; some would consider it overkill, but if you like it, it's a good idea - it's your house.
In my closets, I have either an offwhite paint or - in two bedrooms - I have accent colors on the closet walls and offwhite paint on all the shelving, top and bottom of the shelves. Looks cool, although most of it is obscured with the stuff that I'm storing in the closet. Some would consier even that to be overkill, but it does give a more finished look as I live with the closet doors both open and (more usually) closed.
Bottom line: it's your house, fix it how you'll enjoy it.
Banty

Obviously you can do whatever you want, but it seems like a waste to me. Firstly, my closet doors are only open if I'm in there, so I'm not sure who exactly would see the wainscotting. Secondly, since there will most likely be either shelving or poles for hanging clothes along the walls, would it even show? Of course, as always, YMMV.
On 30 Mar 2007 13:33:04 -0700, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Is it a new house to you? Right now your closets may be mostly empty, but will that last. I have a small dresser in one plus some boxes on the floor, and a 2 drawer file cabinet in another.
I have a shoe rack too, but one can see through that. There are more parts that have nothing in front of the wall, but that tends to be the part where the sliding doors usually sit.
Some people have so many clothes, and other things that they put in second rod below the first.
OTOH, I'm a saver, and you may not be. If you're a thrower or a no-buyer, you'll have room for years and years.
I was going to say something like h