Vulcan Caulk Retailers?

Can anyone help me find what retailers (online or B&M) carry vulcan caulk? I can't seem to find it.

tia,

Joe

Reply to
Joe C.

Joe - The name sounds familiar, but I don't remember who it was made by. Do you have any more information on it?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Are you sure you aren't looking for Vulkem sealants? Many people make this mistake.

Robert Allison

On 1/5/2005 8:32 AM US(ET), Joe C. took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Is vulcan a brand name or type? Or do you mean RTV (room temperature vulcanizing) sealants? If RTV, Google - rtv sealant -

Reply to
willshak

do a search on Vulkem sealant

Lots of jobbers, etc listed.

I don't know if any "retail" type places carry it.

bill

Reply to
bill a

Robert,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. Here's a little more bkgrnd. Had a roofer look at where the flashing from the cricket joins the chimney. He said that I didn't have a big problem, just need to scrape out the old caulking and redo it. Big relief for me, I thought I was looking at major $$$. Anyway, the guy had a heavy accent, so he could have said either vulkan, vulkem (or many other things! ;-) ).

So I guess I don't really know what I need. Still going to follow your link, though.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe C.

avoid that silicone c____.

The material is Vulkem, a part of the Tremco world. Here is their website:

DanG