Vonage service and house phone lines - help

I'be been considering getting the Vonage voice over IP service. From what I understand, it works only in the room where it is plugged into the phone line. Other lines in the house wouldn't work. anyone know of a way to patch it in throuh the phone block so all line in the house receive a dial tone. I have four phones, but only one line.

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
ADC

Disconnect the incoming telco connection at your demarc block. Plug the Vonage telephone interface connector into any of your phone connection blocks, and viola, house-wide phone service. MAKE SURE THE TELCO CONNECTION IS DISCONNECTED AT THE DEMARCATION POINT BEFORE YOU DO THIS OR YOU WILL DAMAGE THE VONAGE-SUPPLIED ADAPTER.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

When i set up vonage i made sure to get a vonage number that is local to my phone company number, then set the phone company phone to forward to my Vonage phone, then I left one phone connected to the phone company line and connected all other phones in the house to the vonage box. (then i set (simultaneous ring" feature of Vonage to ring my cell phone). Then a couple months of testing.

If Vonage is working well enough for you then may be put in request to transfer phone company number to Vonage. When that is done cancel phone company service.

I'm satisfied with vonage as a replacement for traditional phone, especially for simultaneous ring feature but I waited to get vonage until i had a cell phone for backup. If internet connection goes down you can't call tech support.

Vonage is not as rock solid reliable as traditional phone service but with cell phone backup I cheerfully accept the occaisional problems for the other benefits.

Charlie

Reply to
charlie3