Vomit all over House

I bought a house that was formerly inhabited by an alcoholic. In fact the guy died right in the middle of the living room, in a pool of alcohol, vomit and blood, from both his liver damage and after falling off the upstairs balcony. Because he died without any will, and no relatives existed, the house was sold for back taxes. This was my only opportunity to own my own home, at the current price of homes, so I got the financing and bought it.

Now I am faced with having to remove all the dried vomit in the house. The stuff is everywhere, on the floors, carpeting, walls, ceilings, etc. It is even in the refrigerator, oven, light fixtures, everywhere..

Besides the vomit, there is the blood stains on the living room carpet, and a good amount of dried human feces, and urine stains everywhere. I have lived here for about 2 weeks now, and just can not seem to be able to remove it, or for that matter, tolerate cleaning the stuff up, without vomiting myself. Of course, everytime I vomit myself, I just got to clean that too....

So far, the only way I have been able to clean this up, is to get myself extremely intoxicated prior to cleaning. I have never been much of a drinker, but ever since I moved into this place, that seems to be the only way to tolerate living in this mess.

Any suggestions how to clean this?

The Fatman

Weight Loss is a Waiste

Reply to
uglyfatman

Since you got a great deal on the house hire a fire restoration company to do just the gross cleaning.

Toss all carpets and everything else fabric that will hold the odor.

clean everything by scrubbing with bleach water, dry completelt.

then paint all surfaces with BIN or KILZ primer sealer, and all real wood surfaces with OUTDOOR POLYURETHANE, although you will have to sand all floors at least a little so the polyurethane sticks good.

you will also need to have the furnaces and ductwork cleaned and deodorized treated.

if you fail to do ANY of this the stench will reappear, espically at warm moist times.

essentially you cant clean the odor away, you MUST seal it into the surfaces so you dont smell it

I had a similiar home restoration twice, once with a fire and once with human odors. it can be done but I wouldnt live there till its cleaned up, so you dont get ill.

fire restoration sends peple in moon suits with full respirators or this reason.

you can do the entire job yourself but getting the worst out first professionally will still save you tons

Reply to
hallerb

T R O L L

Reply to
JerryL

My gawd you're an idiot. Can you say, "Troll"? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

probably troll but wouldnt he be surprised theres a fix for "his" home:)

Reply to
hallerb

He just keeps changing his name posting this crap. The other was the "death house" one.

It's one thing if it was slightly humorous. But his writing blows dead bear.

Just killfile him.

Don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

You are completely wrong. I used to be a troll, but I didnt pay my membership fee to the "National Troll Association", so I was disqualified as a troll. Therefore I am no longer a licensed troll.

Reply to
uglyfatman

Ask OJ what's the best way to remove a blood stain.

Reply to
scott21230

gallon of kerosene and a match will fix you right up.

Reply to
cornytheclown

The hook has been set....let's see who bites.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

Membership is lifetime. Llike a high school diploma. Once you qualified no one can take it away from you.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

but make sure you get stinking, rolling on floor drunk first...

Reply to
Sev

Did I say floor? Make that rolling in vomit drunk.

Reply to
Sev

You mean you moved out from under the bridge?

Reply to
Cue

As soon as possible, run screaming naked into the woods.

Reply to
Mikey

Pay Kenny (from South Park) to eat the vomit.

Reply to
hah

Oxiclean is jolly good!

Reply to