Voltage for stove Igniter?

Our oven broiler, which I don't recall ever being used since we bought it years ago, won't turn on. Gas, with electric globar ignition. Before I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these igniters operate on (Sears Kenmore model)? Since the oven sections works properly, as do the spark ignited stovetop burners. For the time being, I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the oven section properly. Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took a look, but voltages are not shown.
just replace igniter. full operating description at the samurai: http://fixitnow.com/2004/09/appliance-repair-revelation.htm
buffalobill wrote:

Thanks. Reason I asked was to check voltage to the igniter first to be sure no other problem might exist, since I replaced one in the oven section some time ago (Just assumed it was bad!) and they're not cheap!
Dan,
Most of these use the household voltage of 120VAC, as that is the only source. -------------------------------------
Dan Wenz wrote:

-- ##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive http://www.cabling-design.com/forums no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 98816 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Jgolan wrote:

Voltage isn't the main concern. Make sure that the ignitor draws at least 3amps. It can glow and not ignite. If it doesn't glow, remove it and inspect it. Look for a break in the ignitor indicated by a small white spot.
Dan Wenz wrote:

Hi,
Model#?
Normally 110-120 volts AC. But, the ignitor can get voltage, glow red and still be bad as well! http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#glow

Never assume! ;)

They normally are not shown.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

911 3658 690 ; 36569 series, bought in '86. Thanks for your replies!
Dan Wenz wrote:

G'day.
A Roper built Kenmore...with GE parts.
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WB2X9154&brand=GEH Round Carborundum style Oven Ignitor used on many GE brands gas ranges and ovens.
This an 110-120 volt part. It should draw approx 2.5-3.0 amps when glowing.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WB2X9154&brand=GEH
Thank you, sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar, and there ain't many of us left :-)