Vinyl window

I'm in the process to replace the windows in my home with Vinyl windows. I have three bids which are from Champion Windows, Home Depot At-home service, and National Energy contractors(Chicago area local contractors). The windows I'm interested in are top brand from all of them. The prices are within $2000 among them. I'm looking for the comment regards to these companies. Any bad experiences with anyone of them?
thanks, Charley
I would also check to see if Andersen Windows has opened up their renewal division in your area and get prices from them.

I could never get any jobs contracted to the Home Depot to be completed correctly. Had a rug installed by a Home Depot sub-contractor who arrived late & unprepared. The rug was installed quickly but very amateurish looking. After complaining to the Home Depot nothing was resolved. Less then two months after installation a seam comes apart. So I had to rip out the rug and get a new one installed (after checking references and seeing the installers workmanship) and not by a sub-contractor.

Charley wrote:

Hopefully someone from Chicago will drop in and comment. Otherwise, check the Illinois and Chicago licensing boards and see what the complaint record looks like for each of your contractors.
In the end, there's really only one way to go....Pella!

Absolutely avoid Pella, Anderson, Sears and Rolox. They are all marked up 70-80 percent to pay for the advertising budgets. They area absolutely no better than Norandex or similiar( maybe not even as good) . You ought to be able to buy 10 double hung windows with double locks and uv coating installed for 2500.00 Any size, no more. ( and really should be able to get them for less) ( If prices in your area are higher than this, let me know, I'll come start a window company) . Don't fall for the coating and upgrade pitch. Those items are free from the supplier to the retailer and the saleman will try to get you to pay 45.00 a window for them. Call your norandex distributor in your area, ask for the names of the top five retailers. Tell them to come out and bid the job. If they try the "sit at your house until you buy" trick throw them out. Once the bid comes in, see theat you get all the goodies for 250 per window installed or less.