vinyl vs. mesh pool covers

I'm being told that if you close late and open early (Oct - Apr) you dont need a vinyl cover. Mesh holds out just as much debris but the vinyl keeps the sun from creating algae if the pool is closed early and opened late. Mesh is lighter and easier to open/close and is less prone to mildue since it is easier to dry out. Originally I wanted to get vinyl with 2 mesh squares to allow drainage (LoopLoc). My thinking was that it would keep out more debris and would be less prone to staining the plaster. I would love any feedback.

Thanks,

Boom

Reply to
Boom Stick