vinyl tiles?

I recently had water run under the vinyl in my kitchen due to some idiot laying it over the dishwashers feet. When the dishwasher leaked the water went under the vinyl instead of over it.

I've pulled up the vinyl in the affected area about a week ago and there is no rot and only a tiny bit of mold had started. The sublayment is in good shape. It is fiberboard.

I found a private party who says the best solution now is to put in a threshold at the edge of the flooring that was not damaged and cover the now bare area with vinyl tiles. He says that because vinyl tiles are thicker than sheet vinyl the sublayment will not require as much preparation. Is this really true?

Reply to
samfredjoe