Vinyl tile over cement

I have a walk-out basement with a cement floor, and I want to lay down vinyl self-stick tile. I'll be buying high-quality tile, and the basement is bone-dry.
Question: Prime first, or not? I've seen some say that I need to prime the cement floor first, but also read somewhere that vinyl self-stick tile works just fine (and in fact better) applied directly to a clean cement floor.
Any advice? Thanks.
Jeff