Vinyl tile cleaner?

I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the seams between tiles. A "Magic Eraser" helps remove it but takes a great deal of scrubbing and wears out the expensive pads quickly. Goof Off barely worked.

Suggestions please? I looked in Walmart today but didn't see anything. Bought Kaboom liquid cleaner but don't expect much success.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Test in an inconspicuous area to see how well these work for you.

  1. Scotch scrubbing pads. They're a lot better for this type of work than a Magic eraser, and will last longer. In fact, their floor cleaning machine pads are made from the same product.
  2. Straight ammonia is a heck of a solvent for getting a lot of stuff off vinyl and linoleum floors. Put a spoonful over a small section of the cement, wait five-ten minutes, then scrub it off, see if it helped. If so, ventilate the area very well and keep at it.
Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

I knew a floor installer who used charcoal lighter fluid to clean off dried adhesive. But that was years ago. THe adhesive may not be the same now. But it's worth a try. Of course do it safely. It is flammable!

Reply to
Paintedcow

KenK wrote in news:XnsA6C27253B5F05invalidcom@130.133.4.11:

Discovered that Goof Off spray applied with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad takes it right off. Does not seem to loosen tiles or cause other problems.

Reply to
KenK