vinyl tape

i need to put some tape over the armrest in my car (it's splitting), but i have been unable to find tape for this purpose.
it is just a vinyl armrest, tan in color.
wal mart and auto supply stores don't have it, and don't know where to find it.
anyone have ideas on where to find this kind of tape??
thanks.
Sign making shops should have it

stevie wrote:

My suggestion is to visit a convertible top shop and have them make the repairs. Tape in this situation seldom holds up. That is why you don't see it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Might be a lot easier and less expensive to get a replacement armrest from an auto wreckers. Des

find