Vinyl siding Starter Strip

Should a gap between the foundation and the vinyl siding starter strip be caulked? Vinyl siding has holes in it, so I don't think moisture should be a concern if the gap is caulked. What do you know? I would like to know. Thanks.
Caulking the bottom of anything exposed to the weather is not usually a good idea. Since the siding is neither airtight nor insect tight, the only thing the caulking would stop is the drainage of moisture condensing behind the siding. No advantages and a waste of time and money. Don Young