Vinyl siding for shed?

I'm comparing pre-built sheds that are delivered and set-up and wonder whether vinyl siding is a good idea for a garden shed that would be storing lawn equipment and tools.
The vinyl sheds have a type of sheathing and are insulated, whereas the aluminum sheds seem stronger but have no sheathing and are not insulated.
Thanks.

Insulation is not needed on a shed unless you plan to heat it in the winter or AC in the summer. Aluminum dings easily. I'd go with vinyl myself.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

insulation minimizes the moisture cycle which causes stored stuff to rust badly, vinyl is muc better
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The shed company's website says the insulation is "structural grade thermo-ply" which sounds like a type of board insulation? Would this also likely be the sheathing to which the siding is attached?
Thanks.

Sounds that way.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

The Thermo-ply is attached to the studs/framing. Then the siding is installed over the Thermo-ply using nails that go through the Thermo-ply and into the studs/framing.
I no not believe that it has much if any R/insulation value.
http://www.covalencecoatedproducts.com/pages/thermoply.html
Mike wrote:

The shed company website says "R-11". I don't know how significant a rating that is though.
R 11 is pretty good!
Sams club sells these type of sheds! probably cant beat their price
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

The faq at the Thermoply link you provided lists the R value for Thermoply at 0.2 to 3.5. That is much more reasonable for a product that is only 1/8" thick. Even the 3.5 sounds dubious, they must be rating it like a radiant barrier.
-- Dennis
DT wrote:

Here's a link to the shed website showing their claim of R-11 under the "wall framing system" section:
http://suncrestsheds.com/aboutus.html
In any case, I live in South Florida and this Thermoply doesn't sound like it would provide much strength in hurricane force winds. Already lost one shed to a hurricane last year and don't want to have to replace another.
Thanks.
For Florida hurricanes you probably need a heavy concrete foundation with rebar tying the block walls to the slab, with rebar thru the blocks and the blocks filled with concrete, and a armored roof with storm shutter as door. even then the building may not survive:(
disney builds their attraction buildngs with steel superstructure and concrete walls
how many thousands do you want to spend on the shed?

Nothing will hold up in a direct hurricane, except possibly a solid concrete shed. However, you might consider building your own on a concrete slab with 2x6 walls securely bolted to the slab. Then cover it with barn steel sheets. Be sure all the corners have 1/2" pkywood triangles well nailed for to the inside walls for strength, and use hurricane straps on all roof pieces (available at lumber yards).