Vinyl sheeting

I need to replace some crappy vinyl shelf lining (aka contact paper).
I've tried using some vinyl flooring and it seems to work really well except that it's unnecessarily thick.
Vinyl flooring comprises a very thin and durable wear layer over a thick substrate that provides a cushioning, sound deadening, accomodates minor imperfections in the sub-floor and more.
I've concluded that the ideal material would be just like vinyl flooring but with a *much* thinner backing layer -- perhaps 0.5-0.75mm total thickness.
Any thoughts on where I might be able to procure such a material?
Yes, I've considered a laminate like Formica too. The finish is ideal but the installation effort would be prohibitive since I have a lot of shelves, cupboards and drawers to cover.
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

pricing
perhaps haircell abs comes in colors
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

Maybe commercial vinyl wallpaper.
--

dadiOH

Thanks. I think a heavyweight fabric-backed vinyl as used by hotels and the like might work pretty well. Just have to find someone that will sell me a small quantity...
snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote in

How about cheapie stick-on floor tile? They are much thinner than sheet vinyl, but slightly thicker than paper. You can usually pick some up at a place like Big Lots for something like $8 for 30 sq ft.
Dee