vinyl or composite outdoor flooring (deck) panels

I have a flat roof that we use as a balcony, terrace, deck, or whatever you call it. We have a table and chairs and a small grill and eat there in the summer. The roofing is the usual flatroof roll stuff. By the way, it is inclined for drainage. it used to be level but we took out the leveling joists (not structural) to roof it. We can live with our soup running out of our bowl. For the moment that is not my problem. It is that I am getting a lot of leaks below. I think it is because of the weight of the "duckboards" (panels of two by fours to walk on) which we put back after the roofing. They are now so old and porous they weigh a ton. I thought I would get rid of them and am looking for something I could lay down right on the tarsheets that would distribute the weight of people, tables, chairs and grill etc). The vinyl and composite linear foot products are too expensive and furthermore they need fasteners to joists etc. I want something to go right over the roofing.

Maybe those interlocking panels that you see in playgrounds of gyms? I am hoping I can get some more hard finished (not so soft) but that doesn't matter. I will start by talking to the suppliers. So far I can't make sense to anyone when I talk to roofers. They don't have any idea of what I mean. Do you? thanks, Frank

Reply to
FRANK GERACE

What type of finish flooring to use is not your problem. If you have leaks then that is your problem. Your roof was not designed to be used as a deck and you should not use it in that manner. In any case, the roof needs to be repaired or replaced if it is leakin. Most roofs are not designed for daily living. If you wish to continue using it as a deck then you will need to have a design which includes that very important feature.

Reply to
Lawrence