Vinyl kitchen flooring

I just had new vinyl flooring installed in my kitchen.
The old vinyl had yellowing underneath three rugs. They were braided rugs. Today I purchased new rugs with rubberized backing, and now a friend told me she had yellowing on her vinyl due to rubberized backing.
Can anyone tell me what type of rugs I need for a viny floor?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.
Corinne
Corinne wrote:

Any rubber or plastic can interact with the flooring and the plasicisers in it. There are no rugs in my kitchen for that reason. Even a braided rug can have dyes that may interact over time. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Ed, I figured it must be the dye as it relates to my braided rugs. I just cannot imagine not having a few throw rugs in the kitchen. Especially during the winter, as it is so cold here.
Many thanks.
Corinne
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

How about white rugs?

Rubberized or plastic-backed rugs are probably far safer than free-floating(!) Is it the vinyl that has changed color, or do you use waxes/polishes on your floor? Having had one experience with stripping old wax from a quite small kitchen floor, I opted for clean, not waxed. The only rug I have is a small wool one that comes into use seasonally and is frequently moved around. I've never noticed any discoloration.
Exactly, the vinyl has changed in color. I have never waxed, or put anything on this floor except for alittle soap and water.
Thanks.
Corinne