Vinyl fence post question

Hello...
Still working on my fencing project. Here's my question. I'm in central New York where it can get a bit nippy in the winter. The vinyl fence posts are hollow. I'm wondering if as the ground freezes if it will squeeze and possibly crush the posts. I'm thinking I should fill the posts with grave up to ground level.
Any thoughts??
Thanks much...
My thought is that if you are just burying the hollow post in the soil, they may fill with water underground and freeze, splitting the post open. More of a possibility than crushing.

I filled mine with rebar and concrete, almost to the top.
That's pretty extreme, but adding concrete up to ground level couldn't hurt.