Vinyl Fascia in Florida?

Cedar fascia is what they used when our house was built 18 years ago and I painted it about 5 years ago. I later learned that the cedar should have been stained not painted and that's why some of the cedar has rotted.

Someone suggested just digging out the rot and filling in the holes. Someone else suggested installing vinyl or aluminum fascia over the old. I never heard of this. Is vinyl any good and would it survive in our Florida sun?

Any opinions?

Reply to
Thomas L. Miller

Even stained cedar can split and rot after a while especially if it is the extremely thin stuff used to side my previous house. I would go with aluminum if it were me. Or more cedar. 18 years isn't that bad.

Reply to
Art