vinyl 2x4 covers do they exist?

I am wanting to make porch railings for my front porch. I have proced vinyl porch sets, but my porch is an odd size. I thought at one time I somehwere saw vinyle "sleeves" that could go over a tranditional 2x4 but have been unable to find them. DO they exist?

You could use composite railing components and forget about the 2x4s.

I'm here, I just don't think it would be cost effective. :-)
Hank

Dont know but I saw some vynil fence parts the other day that looked like they may be a good fit for a 2x4. I was thinking along those same lines.
Jimmie
stryped wrote:

Plastic downspouts?

Are you assuming that the OP's front porch is on his trailer? Because that's what that option would look like - trailer trash expedient construction. And the 2x4 would have to be ripped down to fit inside.
RicodJour wrote:

No, I was assuming he wanted his porch to LOOK like it was attached to a mobile home.
And so what if a 2x4 has to be ripped? It's the final result that counts.
Of course he COULD cover his existing 2x4s with cling-wrap. This would allow the natural beauty of the wood to show through.
replying to stryped, Fred Randall wrote: Look at VSA. Also SAFSINC.COM in Tacoma
replying to Fred Randall, Ed Diefendorf wrote: Yes, for what you are looking to accomplish... The easiest non skilled homeowner application are the VSA Hand Rail Covers. We got ours through the US Distributor in Tacoma, WA., SAFS, INC. Small business, great service.