vinyl 2x4 covers do they exist? (2023 Update)

I am wanting to make porch railings for my front porch. I have proced vinyl porch sets, but my porch is an odd size. I thought at one time I somehwere saw vinyle "sleeves" that could go over a tranditional 2x4 but have been unable to find them. DO they exist?

Reply to
stryped

You could use composite railing components and forget about the 2x4s.

RicodJour

I'm here, I just don't think it would be cost effective. :-)

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Dont know but I saw some vynil fence parts the other day that looked like they may be a good fit for a 2x4. I was thinking along those same lines.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Plastic downspouts?

Reply to
HeyBub

Are you assuming that the OP's front porch is on his trailer? Because that's what that option would look like - trailer trash expedient construction. And the 2x4 would have to be ripped down to fit inside.

RicodJour

No, I was assuming he wanted his porch to LOOK like it was attached to a mobile home.

And so what if a 2x4 has to be ripped? It's the final result that counts.

Of course he COULD cover his existing 2x4s with cling-wrap. This would allow the natural beauty of the wood to show through.

Reply to
HeyBub

replying to stryped, Fred Randall wrote: Look at VSA. Also SAFSINC.COM in Tacoma

Reply to
Fred Randall

replying to Fred Randall, Ed Diefendorf wrote: Yes, for what you are looking to accomplish... The easiest non skilled homeowner application are the VSA Hand Rail Covers. We got ours through the US Distributor in Tacoma, WA., SAFS, INC. Small business, great service.

Reply to
Ed Diefendorf

replying to stryped, Odis Johnson wrote: Veranda Regency 1-1/4 in. x 3-1/2 in. x 6 in. White Capped Composite Rail Sample

Reply to
Odis Johnson

Great reply even if it is old.

Reply to
Thomas

replying to Ed Diefendorf, Ben Holmes wrote: VSA Hand Rail Covers? Do you have a contact? Sounds exactly what I'm looking for

Reply to
Ben Holmes

I have seen some 3 x 3 (I think) plastic (covered) mail box posts, but no idea where they were obtained.

Reply to
hrhofmann

7 years ago, while out shopping for his vinyl sleeves, Poster STRYPED was kidnapped by extraterrestrials, and never heard from again ;-)
Reply to
""Retired"

try searching for "Vinyl Handrail Cover"

Reply to
Buick