Vinergar Has Etched My Marble - HELP!!

Hi Guys: I have a marble countertop which, unfortunately, was never sealed. I was using a bottle of vinegar and spilt a little onto the marble. About 30 minutes later it appeared as though the vinegar had 'etched' into the marble somehow. Apart from calling in the professionals (expensive) can someone please suggest how I might deal with this? I would be most grateful. Thanks - Roger
rogerdodger wrote:

It's going to have to be polished out. Marble is basically the metamorphic form of limestone, which, as you've found, is very susceptible to common acids. I have no idea if you can even perform an acceptable repair, it all depends on how bad the etching is.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel