vibrating boiler

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old, would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20 seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked out.

Is the boiler oil fired or gas ?
If oil, Could also be not getting enough oil when starting due to a plugged oil filter.
Have you changed it since the burner was installed ?
If a new one still gives the same problems, call a serviceman in.
(they should be changed every year anyway)
If it's gas fired, shut it off quick and call the serviceman
No one on usenet can offer you a guaranteed fix without seeing this.
AMUN

old,
Yep, I can probably tell you....
Hi HeatMan Do you want me to email you direct do I just take out the NOSPAM in your email address? Thanks Dave
--

"HeatMan" < snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:up2Te.10569$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
Either way, but my answer is that NO ONE can tell over the internet and you need to call a pro to look at it....

boiler
Dave Wrote:

Hi, we have had an ideal boiler fitted today and it sounds like we have the same problem. The whole system vibrates and it sounds like an aeroplane taking off! This has happened a few times and then the boiler cut out. We have had the men who fixed it out and they don't know what it is doing it. Sorry that I am not helping you but would you be able to help me by telling me what the problem is if you get it sorted? I am really worried about mine. Thanks very much.
--
Vikki

Your installer is an idiot if he cant figure it out on a new install I hope you did not pay till its resolved
Refer to the HVAC guys above! The guy must know what he is doing, he's a pro.