vibrating boiler

Is the boiler oil fired or gas ?

If oil, Could also be not getting enough oil when starting due to a plugged oil filter.

Have you changed it since the burner was installed ?

If a new one still gives the same problems, call a serviceman in.

(they should be changed every year anyway)

If it's gas fired, shut it off quick and call the serviceman

No one on usenet can offer you a guaranteed fix without seeing this.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old, would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20 seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yep, I can probably tell you....

Reply to
HeatMan

Either way, but my answer is that NO ONE can tell over the internet and you need to call a pro to look at it....

Reply to
HeatMan

Hi HeatMan Do you want me to email you direct do I just take out the NOSPAM in your email address? Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi, we have had an ideal boiler fitted today and it sounds like we have the same problem. The whole system vibrates and it sounds like an aeroplane taking off! This has happened a few times and then the boiler cut out. We have had the men who fixed it out and they don't know what it is doing it. Sorry that I am not helping you but would you be able to help me by telling me what the problem is if you get it sorted? I am really worried about mine. Thanks very much.

Reply to
Vikki

Your installer is an idiot if he cant figure it out on a new install I hope you did not pay till its resolved

Reply to
m Ransley